Total Pageviews

Pages - Menu

Friday, August 14, 2020

SECRETS I Learned while Working at Ulta Beauty

Hey guys! So some of you guys might not know but I used to work at Ulta Beauty! I worked at three different locations for a total of 2 years. I started off as a Beauty Advisor and became a lead cashier. I was almost promoted to a manager, however I had to decline the offer due to schooling. I'm pretty knowledgable about how things work over there so I thought I would share with you guys there most interesting things about working at America's biggest beauty chain! Here we go!   





1. We LITERALLY had to Destroy Products: So this is probably the first thing that surprised me while I was working there. Most items that get returned had to be physically destroyed before thrown out to avoid any dumpster divers. This also included testers, I had to do it a couple of times and it broke my heart! Some products were still sealed and brand new and I still had to ruin them! Now don’t get me wrong Ulta does resell SOME stuff and thats only if its still in perfect condition. I did ask my manager if I was allowed to keep anything before damaging and I was told if I took anything I would be fired because it was considered stealing from the store. So that sucked!

How to Fix Broken Makeup - Gunther Publishing

2. The TRUTH About The Credit Card: Like most retailers nowadays Ulta has their own credit card. Now I'm not gonna lie I do have the credit card because it doest have it's perks, unfortunately it was the pressure of having to get people to sign up for the CC that stunk. Managers were always stressed about meeting their goal for the day/week which put pressure of the workers as well. Unfortunately I have many shady stories about how desperate my stores would get which I could definitely share in another post.




3. Store-To-Door: So this is something I wish more people knew about! If you walk into an Ulta and they’re out of stock on an item you want, you can ask them to order it online for you PLUS they give you free shipping!! This actually counts towards the stores sale so they’ll be happy to help you out!

4. Free Shipping Codes: So this the store to door thing doesn’t work out, MOST of the time the workers have free shipping codes behind the counter. They’re only supposed to hand the out if somethings out of stock and you wanna order it online. Although, sometimes if you ask them nicely they might just give it to you. 

Free Shipping

5. Their Rewards Systems is Amazing: I never realized how few people have heard of their reward system! I LOVE their loyalty program! Every 100 points is $3, however the more points you rack up the more they’re worth! You literally get $$$ off with their points! You can use it towards ANYTHING in the store including their Services! Personally, I prefer this so much compared to Sephora’s where they only give you such a small selection of minis for your rewards. Plus they send some REALLY good coupons in your email when your'e signed up! 




Ulta's Ultamate Rewards Program Tips & Tricks - lululemon expert

There you have it! That's about as much as I could think of! I hope this was helpful for you guys! If you guys really enjoyed this I could do a part two! If you have any questions let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Get 75% off SheIN Items

coats