Total Pageviews

Pages - Menu

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

LondonTownUSA Nail Polish Review +How To Fix Smudged Nails

Hey beauty lovers! It's been so long since I've reviewed nail polish on my blog so I'm happy to finally explore new brands and discover new products. The brand I will review in this blog post is LondonTownUSA. LondTownUSA is a vegan and eco-friendly nail line.and they recently launched a new product called "Instant Smudge Fix" which I will get to later.

After Hours Collection


These colors are from their After Hours Collection and it consists mainly of nudes, mauves and burgundy. From left to right it goes: Chelsea PorcelainTeatimeBrit of LovePurple Reign, and BEAU OF THE CITY (love the names, they're so Londony <- I know that's not a word but can't we just pretend for one sec?). Each bottle is $16, and I will admit that is pricey for a bottle of nail polish but if you're a quality over quantity type a person it shouldn't be a problem. One of the reasons why I think it's so pricey is because their formula is different than most. The cheaper the product, the harsher the chemicals (as with hair products).  Their nail lacquer (or lakur which ever you prefer) is currently free of the following:
  • Toxic Chemicals;
    • Formaldehyde-free
    • Toulene-free
    • DBP-free
    • Formaldehyde resin-free
    • Camphor-free
    • Lead-free
    • Xylene-free
    • Paraben-free
    • Ethyl Tosylamide
  • Vegan, gluten-free and cruelty-free
It's always a good idea to be informed about the harsh chemicals in any of your products because overtime they could do some irreversible damaged in the long run. i don't know if you're like me, but I'd rather pay more for a product that won't harsh my nails, than save a couple of bucks and ruining my nails. 

The packaging for the nail polish was classy. It opened up as a book rather than at the top which I thought was pretty cool. 

The winter was really harsh on my nails and I failed to take care of them correctly so that resulted in a lot of breakage so please excuse my cracked out nails in the pictures. I couldn't wear the rest of the colors because I was afraid if I did, then the chipping would worsen so I only did one. It should still give you and idea how the colors looks. The colors were rich and intense. This is the nail polish without the Top Coat. There was already a shine without the Top Coat but if you want it to last long and avoid chipping I would recommend using a top coat. My nails look almost like the example one used on their site. I think if I cleaned up the polish around my nails more and filed them a little they would turn out like the pretty nails below. Once I properly fix my nails I'm gonna upload some more pictures of my Instagram and Twitter if you'd like to check them out. 


Instant Smudge Fix




The Protective Top Coat went on silky alone and with another color. The color did not chip for about a week or so with the Top Coat on. It was long lasting and gave a sleek finish. The Instant Smudge Fix was- in one word- revolutionary. If I bumped something while my nails were still drying, it would smooth it out and fix it for me. It is shockingly only $14, I thought it would be a little higher than that. Any nicks or dents it would patch it up and give it a flawless finish. I also heard you can fix smudged nails by licking it??? I don't really wanna try licking my nails, I'd rather buy a product that would do that for me. This is definitely my new favorite nail care product because I no longer have to helpless until my nails dry, any mistake it would repair it for me. This a life saver for any nail lover since it saves a lot of time and not having to worry smudged nails. 

The Instant Smudge Fix was also featured on Today and HSN! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Get 75% off SheIN Items

coats